Barfly’s quantitative product evaluation service is available in multiple cities worldwide. Tests are run in hand-selected on-premise accounts to ensure that the right DNA of venue is used as the backdrop to the fieldwork. Although every project is unique, the most popular Barfly approach combines the following:
- Screening of all participants against pre-agreed qualifying criteria
- Minimum of 50 participants per day at each venue, all paid for their involvement
- Feedback from both sides of the bar – option to have bartenders make up the sample mix
- Hand-selected participants interviewed on camera pre and post liquid testing to understand how perceptions have changed during the course of the test
- Fully managed rotations of serve and private self-completion response
- Evaluation of liquid taste profile to understand all relevant dynamics (e.g. sweetness, bitterness, mouthfeel, preferences etc) – process lasts up to 30 minutes
- Synthesised debrief of learnings and conclusions, underpinned with highlights of the filmed interviews, alongside statistical data and overarching consultancy advice from Barfly’s senior management team.